The Love Project – Instructions
Thank you for being apart of the Love Project! We’re praying for you and how the Lord will use these next few weeks to impact the campuses in Detroit.
The VISION: to capitalize on our culture’s obsession with love in order to point our campus to the only love that truly satisfies.
How are we going to do this? A Film Project
Part 1: Video survey the campus
- Ask 5 Love questions while recording each clip individually
- Have them fill out waiver
- Invite them to the film release party(contact staff for business card-sized invites/announcements and fill in with location, date, & time as listed below)
Part 2: The Film Release Party
- Watch Video
- Hear short talk on love
- Have a party(party will differ by campus)
Film Release Party Dates
WAYNE STATE: Thursday, Feb 15 @ 8pm in Student Center Basement
EMU: Wednesday, Feb 14 @ 8:30pm in Student Center Rm 352
OU: Tuesday, Feb 13 @ 7pm in Oakland Room
UDM: Feb 15 8PM
CCS: see WSU
LTU: see WSU or contact staff
Please reach out to strangers on campus, students in your classes, friends in your dorms, on-campus coworkers, and your professors!
Remember: We want to share the gospel! If you get the opportunity, take a step of faith and go through the KGP with them!
There is an online waiver form that you MUST use tinyurl.com/loveprojectwaiver
FILM INSTRUCTIONS: (IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ!)
- Please film each question in a separate clip; that is, please record questions 1-5 separately. Each clip should ideally be no more than 10-15 seconds, and some may be shorter. Having them separated will allow for less editing on our part later.
- Please film an additional clip of the student saying their name so that we can match the waiver form to the student’s questions. We want to be able to follow up with them later and having a face to a name will be super helpful!
- Please film with your camera landscape/horizontal!!! If the videos are portrait/vertical we most likely will not use them because the editing will be too difficult.
- AFTER RECORDING have the student fill out the waiver form.
Please SUBMIT your video clips HERE: https://tinyurl.com/loveprojectsubmissions
- When approaching someone about participating, say something along the lines of, “Hey, excuse me, would you mind helping us out with our project? It’s kind of like a scavenger hunt. It’s a five question video survey to see what students’ (or staff’s) thoughts are on love.”
- AFTER filming, pull up the waiver above (you could have this ready on someone’s phone already) and have them put in their information.
- After filming/sharing the KGP with them, make sure to thank them and let them know that we will send them an email regarding when and where they can come see the video. (We don’t have this fully solidified yet, but plan to when all students are going out and doing this!)
- How would you define love?
- What is the one thing you love the most?
- The bible says that God is love. What do you think about that?
- What would God have to do to show you He loves you?
- Assuming there is a God that fully knows and loves you, on a scale of 1-10, rate your desire to know Him personally.
If you have any questions, feel free to send a text or email to Taylor or Chelsey. Our contact information is below.